- System IBM Compatible Pentium, P- II or higher with CD-ROM
- Operating System Microsoft Windows 95 OSR 2.1, Windows 98, or
Windows NT 4.0 with SP 4.0
- Disk Space 20 MB
- Memory 64 MB
- System Ports An available 9-Pin Serial Port (COM1 or COM2)
- Smart Card SPYRUS Rosetta Smart Card V2.0 (Initialized and
Containing Digital Certificate provided by NSDL)
- Smart Card Reader SPYRUS Personal Access Reader (Included in
Smart Card Kit)
- Browser Internet Explorer Version 5.0 or above
- If Internet Explorer Version 5.0 or above is not installed,
Please install the same before proceeding with the installation of the
Smart Card. Also, Cipher Strength should be 128 - bit.
- It may be possible that the free COM Port (COM1 or COM2) on
which you intend to install the Smart Card may be configured for some
other device. Please remove the device driver and restart the machine
before installation of Smart Card Reader. Please do not disturb the
configuration of COM Port on which the modem is connected.
The following items are included in Smart Card Kit:
- A SPYRUS Personal Access Reader
- RS-232 Adapter Cable
- Quick Start Installation Guide
- 1 CD-ROM (Rosetta Executive Suite Version 2.0) with Drivers
- A Rosetta Smart Card
- A Docking Station
- 1 Floppy disk containing SPYRUS CSP Module, SignOnIE.ocx
file, FileSign.ocx file and NSDL Root Certificate.
The steps to be followed for installing the Smart Card are as
- Installation of the Personal Access Reader
- Installation of the Rosetta Executive Suite Software
- Configuring Spyrus SPEX/2
- Installation of the CSP Module for IE
- Testing the Personal Access Reader
- Registration of "ocx" Files in the Windows Registry
- Importing Root Certificate in the IE Browser
- Migrating certificate from Smart Card to IE Browser
||Prerequisites for installation
- Close all applications and programs.
- Make sure that SPYRUS Personal Access Reader is connected to
a serial port (COM1 or COM2) of your machine and a card has been
inserted into thereader.( For more information please go through the
SPYRUS Personal Access Reader Quick Start Installation Guide which is
provided to you in the Smart Card Kit)
- Make Sure that Internet Explorer 5.0 or above is installed.
Open Internet Explorer and select Help About Internet Explorer to
check the same.
||Installation of the Personal Access Reader
Insert the SPYRUS Rosetta Executive Version 2.0 CD into your
CD-ROM Drive. The contents of the CD are as follows:
Double click on the "\Install\Setup.exe" and refer to
\doc\RESUsersGiude2.pdf document for the installation Procedure.
: - If the CD-ROM is connected to your PC and Auto Run is enabled, then
the installation process screen for Spyrus will start automatically.
After Clicking on "Finish" button, please wait for few minutes.
A Welcome Screen for Spyrus Rosetta Executive Suite V2.0 installation
will get displayed.
||Installation of the Rosetta Executive Suite Software
Refer to \doc\RESUsersGiude2.pdf document for the installation
Please ensure that during installation only following two
components are selected in "Select Components" screen.
- SPYRUS SPEX/2 Library
- SPYRUS RSA CSP Module
||Spyrus SPEX/2 Configuration
- To configure the Smart Card to be used by the SPYRUS Rosetta
Executive Suite V2.0, go to Start à
Programs à Spyrus à Rosetta Executive Suite 2.0 à SPEX2 Utility.
- The SPEX/2 Configuration Utility shows "SPYRUS
SPYRUS-PAR-00001 0" on the Right Side of the Screen under "Available
- Select the "SPYRUS SPYRUS-PAR-00001 0" from the Available
Interfaces and add the same to Current Socket Map by clicking on "Left
- Ensure that "SPYRUS SPYRUS-PAR-00001 0" is showing under
"Current Socket Map".
- Click on "Close" to complete the configuration.
||Installation of the CSP Module for IE
- Create a New Folder named "SPYRUS RSA CSP" in the "C" drive.
- Copy the entire contents of the Floppy to this newly created
- Double Click on the "SpyRsaCsp.exe" file to start the
installation of the CSP Module and follow the instructions on the
||Testing the Personal Access Reader
- To test the Installed Reader Driver,do the PAR Test
- Select Start à Programs
à Spyrus à Personal Access
Reader à PAR Test.
- The following four tests would help you to verify that your
Reader is installed properly and operating correctly.
- Reader Status
- LCD Test
- Keypad Test
- Secure PIN Entry Test
Note: You have to
press "ENTER" on Smart Card Reader Keypad after entering the PIN no.
||Registration of "ocx" Files in the Windows Registry
- Copy "SignOnIE.ocx" and "FileSign.ocx" files from "SPYRUS RSA
CSP" to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32
- Register both the ocx files by giving following 2 commands on
one by one from command prompt
- regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\SignOnIE.ocx
- regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\ FileSign.ocx
||Importing Root Certificate in the IE Browser
To Import the NSDL Root Certificate (CA Certificate) to the IE
Browser , open Internet Explorer
5.0 or above
Go to Tools à Internet Options. Click on the
"Contentà Certificatesà Import" button to start the process
of import of Root Certificate.
Type the following command "C:\SPYRUS RSA CSP\cacert.pem"
in the File name as the Path of the Root Certificate File. Say "Yes" to
the message asking to add the certificate to the Root Store.
Confirm the successful import of root certificate listed as "CA"
in "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" tab.
To migrate the User's certificate from the Smart Card to the IE
Browser, go to Start
SPYRUS RSA CSP
Certificate Migration Utility and click on "Migrate Certs". Follow the
instructions given on the screen.
||Migrating certificate from Smart Card to IE Browser
- Only User's Digital Certificate is getting migrated to the IE Browser
whereas the Key (Private Key) remain in the Smart Card.
Now, You are ready to use Smart Card with the
SPEED-e site !!